Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cheap Chinese Plastic saves camera

Yesterday, while shooting some flower images (flowers that were brought to Candice's room during her recovery from surgery)my tripod decided to slip two legs and fall, with my camera attached. I was shooting with the camera attached and turned to give a nice vertical composition, so the camera hit directly on the top.

Attached was a cheap radio slave you can get in FleaBay for under 30 bucks.

This piece of cheap plastic saved the camera, and still works! Busted the plastic housing as it absorbed the impact, but the circuit board is still good.

I dribbled epoxy over the housing bottom which was busted, and reattached the top and it functions. The epoxy stabilized the thing until I get a pocket wizard.

Before being fixed, views of the bottom and the back.